Ombre Eyeliner for S/S 2014 Tutorial: Ft Rimmel/Missguided
Hey guys! I'm slowly getting back into blogging and today I bring you another tutorial! I'm getting better at remembering to take pictures of what I'm doing so I really hope these are helpful to you! Again, I'm collaborating with Missguided and Rimmel to create another look for Spring/Summer 2014! Ombre has been a bit of a blogging hit hasn't it? I've seen a few images online of the ombre eyeliner trend and really wanted to give it a go. Missguided supplied me with this gorgeous bright blue liner which immediately had me dreaming of warmer climates, bright blue skies and bottle blue seas. Mmmm.. Its perfect for the summer, as you'll see!
So here is my version of ombre eyeliner!
1) Prep the eye by filling in eyebrows and priming the lids.
2) I applied the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Paranoid Purple to my inner half of the lid. I did this exactly how I would do normal liner.
3) I then went ahead and did the same on the outer half of the lid with the Rimmel Shadow Stick in Tempting Turquoise which is SO pretty for summer. I can see myself using it a lot! Create a wing just as you would normal liquid liner.
4) I then applied the Rimmel Mono Eyeshadows in Posh Peacock and Audacious Amethyst over the top to really make the colours "pop". This also helped blend the colours together in the middle.
5) I replicated the above steps on my lower lash line. This step is optional, but I thought it added a little summin' summin.
6) Lastly I curled lashes and applied a coat of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves mascara. I also used the Rimmel quad in Foggy Grey to lightly contour my eye socket. And voila!
I had a lot of fun getting back into make up looks after my brief break. It was really nice to sit down and create again and I really wanna try out more ombre creations as it just screams summer to me! Again, all the products I used can be found here on the Missguided site (did you know Missguided now stock Rimmel? It makes it very tempting to slip some make up into your order doesn't it!?) Do check them out, the new releases are really good!
I'm really full of inspiration and have lots of cool and exciting things planned on the blog (including a cheeky new layout courtesy of Amy from Paintpotted!) and even more tutorials planned for Spring and Summer! I've also got a couple of how to posts, disney posts, disney looks and loads more coming up.
Let me know if there is anything YOU specifically wanna see while I'm full of beans (is that the right expression?) I'm already planning some more palette tutorials with the Naked 3 as thats been requested a tonne!